Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Oh Happy Day

I got my job!!! I'm so excited! I start July 15. No more endless scanning and filing; I'm actually going to be doing something I'm interested in. It sounds like I'll be working primarily with graphics, as well as doing general office stuff, but I'll also get to do some writing and editing. Besides, I've always been interested in graphics. Maybe Suzy can teach me a thing or two.

Justin's summer shut down is coming up, starting this Friday. It will be so nice to have some time together and maybe even accomplish some things around the house. It would be great if we could get our dining room chairs refinished to match the table, especially since I have the great big roll of fabric all ready and waiting downstairs.

Our weekend with Karlye went well. She and Jordan spent most of the time either copying each other or fighting because they wanted to do the same thing at the same time. At least this way maybe Jordan will learn to share. They even went to bed at the same time with no trouble. I was so relieved, since I was afraid they would keep each other up. Between grocery shopping, lunch with Lydia and Brandon and the boys, a trip to the park, a trip to the zoo, and Justin's softball game, we had a very busy weekend. Jordan looks a little worse for the wear since he fell into the bars at the zoo with his face, took a digger at the softball game and split his lip, and is covered in eczema which is very slowly getting better (since I've been covering his entire body in ointment at every diaper change).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaaay! I am so happy for you--you totally deserve it! Now if only I could find a job, too...

By the way, I have not forgotten about posting your links...I'm still trying to catch up from my trip. Maybe I will get around to it today...or tomorrow...or the next day...

Heather said...

Ding ding ding goes the job trolley!!!

Congrats Hannah-banana!!! That is splendid news on the job. When I come to visit, we shall celebrate in style :)

Now, if only Clare could get her swanky ol' self a job, we'd be allllllllll set.

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Go Hannah! Congratulations on the new job!

I'm working on getting a new one myself. Yay for a change of scenery and doing stuff that you are actually interessted in, right?

-Lori