Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Rain, Rain, Go Away and Other Wet News

Well, naturally, it rained all weekend. So we didn't go to Festa Italia or Bratfest, although Justin did manage to squeeze in nine holes of golf on Monday. We had Memorial Day dinner at my mom and dad's and I ate way more than was good for me, as usual. In fact, we all weighed ourselves when we got home, and I weighed the most I've weighed since I lost my pregnancy weight (not that I lost all of it, but that's not the point, is it now?). Somehow though, I did manage to lose five pounds overnight (it's like a train-wreck - once I weigh myself I have to keep checking, there's just no stopping). You might ask what I was thinking, weighing myself in the first place, and I actually have a very good explanation. Jordan really loves to pull out the bathroom scale and stand on it. So Monday night, we were getting him ready for bed, and I took off his diaper and took him into the bathroom to practice sitting on his potty-chair. After he was done doing that, he pulled out the scale. So we weighed him, and then I guess we thought it would be fun to weigh ourselves. So that's how that came about. After that, we brushed his teeth (using two toothbrushes at once - one for him and one for me), and then he ran around in the living room for a few minutes. He started to look a little squirmy, so I took him in the bedroom to put his diaper on. I was just getting the diaper out when I hear this really loud splashing noise. I turn around, and sure enough, he's peeing in the corner behind the door. Then he bends over and sticks his hand in it to splash it around. I couldn't believe it. He'd been sitting on his potty-chair not more than 5 minutes earlier, and nothing. Then I'm 5 seconds from putting on his diaper and he pees on the carpet. I thought it was hilarious, but Justin was not amused.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the info. i will now NOT be going into the corner behind jordan's door. lol.

-Eve