Monday, July 19, 2004

Settling In (& Getting Out)

Last week was a big week for me. I turned the big 24, I started a new job, and I started to really search for a place to live. My birthday was great, lots of fun. Ann and Suzy came in to Madison and we went out for dinner and drinks, then to the Glass Nickel where Danielle was working. Justin and some other friends met up with us there. It ended up being a pretty late night, and unfortunately I couldn't call in to work Tuesday morning. (Not really cool to do the day before your last day at a job). Oh well, I survived. I even got a nap in when I got home from work. Jordan is so cooperative - sometimes.

My new job is going well so far. Usually I'm panicking my first week of a new job and hating everything, but so far, I feel I will adjust alright. Maybe this is a bad sign? I hope I'm not being over-confident and setting myself up for a big freak out later on. Oh well, not much I can do about it. Of course, a lot of the stuff I'm doing now is stuff that I have a little bit of experience with - scanning, cleaning up and cropping photos, copying and pasting and reformatting text, that kind of thing. I created my first ad on Thursday, that was kind of exciting. It was a classified ad for a trailer. Woo-hoo :)
 
Now the big project is finding a new place to live.  Once our lease is up (end of August) Eve is moving out, and that means we need to find a smaller place that charges less for rent.  Really not looking forward to moving.  I think the amount of stuff we have has tripled since Jordan was born.  I spent almost all of this last weekend going through the classifieds and calling places to get info. and set up viewing appts.  Of course, being me, I had to create a little form and put each ad into that so that I'd be organized.  I think it saves time in the long run, because that way I don't call the same place three times or forget to ask if they have air conditioning or something really important like that.


No comments: